You only thought your dog would want to gnaw on the bone. With these ribs, you'll wish there was more! Our chuck short ribs have an average of 1lbs of beef per rib.
Our method for cooking these thick sorts of roast is the Low & Slow method. You put it in the oven at a lower temperature for longer with some sort of liquid to Let's get started!
- Thaw beef
- Cover in your choice of spices & BBQ sauce.
- If you have a smoker, smoke with you preferred wood for 45 minutes to an hour or until the color has changed. If you don't have a smoker, lather liquid smoke on your beef with the BBQ sauce and spices and continue to step 4.
- Transfer to a pan with at least a half to an inch of water and cover with foil. (Make sure not to let the meat go dry as this will start to dry the meat).
- Cook at 205ºF for 6-8 hours or until the meat falls off the bone. Note: if you smoked your meat, you can cut this time in the oven by 1 or two hours. When the meat falls away from the bone, you know the ribs are done.
- Take the meat out and allow it to rest for a couple minutes, then slice & serve!
Let us know what you think of this recipe! If you have a recipe you would like to share, please email me at [email protected] or comment below!